Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Intrasolar/Interplanetary Travel

Shipping Lanes


I know that traffic is light now on the Earth2Mars route, but one day, I envision major traffic from settlements and planets to other locales and destinations.


There will be major routes designated by the intrasolar habitats that will become crowded (relatively speaking of course). There will be a temptation to make excessive port fees. This is good for competition where multiple settlements share similar routes, but a hub-settlements, where all routes must pass will have no competition and therefore no external natural forces dictating prices. At this juncture I hope the ground work I have laid down on previous posts help eliminate extremes, however, it is possible that the other settlements and shipping industry will need to seek injunctions against extreme costs. I will not comment on the validity of this possibility beyond pointing it out.

No comments: